Monday, October 22, 2012

Dynamic Duo

December 30, 2010
Today's a big day. We had a doctor's appointment at the high-risk doctor, and then we had a meeting with to very special, very important people at the hospital. Our appointment was at 7:30 again this morning. The last time we saw you, you weighed 2 pounds and 14 ounces. You are now 3 pounds and 4 ounces. Way to go, bubby! The doctor said that you are looking good and I didn't have to come to their office anymore if I didn't want to. In 3 more weeks, I'll be 38 weeks. As much as I'd like to say good-bye to 7:30am appointments, I think I want one more report card from you, buster, before you get here! So we made our last appointment in 3 weeks. Our last appointment. I'm so excited to meet you!
After we finished up at the doctor's office, we went and got some breakfast and then headed back to the hospital. We are meeting a fantastic husband and wife team. The husband is the Neonatologist in the NICU and the wife is the hospital chaplain. At some point after your birth, one of these fine people will be at our side. We got to talk to them for about an hour. They were so impressed with you. The doctor asked us if we had any questions and I told him that I didn't really know what to ask. He said the NICU doctors had a meeting last week and they talked about you, Charles Patrick! You're so popular. I can't believe it is still weeks before you get here and the doctors already know you and are preparing for you. I am so impressed. The doctor told us that you have a hole in your heart just between the two chambers. He said this isn't immediately fatal and a baby can sometimes live up to 2 months. Two whole months?? I would be in Heaven. I would give anything for just 2 minutes with you. Two whole months would be a gift from God. Mommy and Daddy told them about our wishes for you. They both thought our decisions were very courageous. You could see in their eyes how much they were touched by our love for you. I loved learning just a little bit more about you today. I am so happy that everyone is on board for you. Everyone is ready to get you here safely. You are amazing and everybody knows it!
Love,
Mommy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved