Monday, October 22, 2012

Merry Christmas

December 25, 2010
Merry Christmas, baby boy! I woke up early this morning before Daddy woke up. I'm always so excited to see what Santa left us in our stockings. I couldn't help but think of you this morning. I cried, of course. I wonder if I'll get to spend a Christmas with you. They are calling for snow today. Snow is rare in this little ole town of ours, especially at Christmas. This would be the first white Christmas since 1963 if we get some snow today. That was 47 years ago! Phew!
Daddy finally woke up and we headed down to Neena and Poppy's house for Christmas breakfast. We always drive to their house to see what Santa brought your cousin, JayJay. After a little rest, we head to Grandma's house. Uncle Mark, Aunt Jane, Aunt Lisa, Nancy Hunter, Preston, and Will were all there. We played games, ate tons of food, and opened presents. Then guess what?? It started snowing! A beautiful white Christmas all for you! What a special Christmas. I'm so glad you were with me to experience it. Another 47 years may pass before we see it again, but me, you, and Daddy got to enjoy this special event together. I love you so much, baby boy. You are my beautiful gift this Christmas.
When we got home, there was one last gift left under the tree. It was all for you. Daddy and I opened it together. It was a white Dupioni silk romper with matching cap and knit socks. If I have to bury my son, he will be in the finest. I love you, little boy.
Merry Christmas.
Love,
Mommy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved